Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Let the brewing begin!

I did my first batch, in Colorado, yesterday. I did a Belgium style wheat beer that I got from my local brew supply shop. This is a dry docks house recipe:

Saison Du Mont:
7lbs Wheat Extract
2 lbs Vienna Malt
1/2 lb Flaked Wheat
1/2 lb Flaked Oats
8 oz Honey (0 min)
1 oz Kent Goldings (60min)
1/2 oz Hallertau (15 min)
1/2 oz Hallertau (0 min)
1/2 oz coriander (0 min)
1/4 sweet peel (0 min)
1/4 oz Bitter Orange Peel (0 min)
1 tsp Irish Moss
Saison Ale Yeast

Today I began a yeast starter for a chocolate raspberry porter that I will brew tomorrow. I am going to hold off on publishing the recipe until further notice. This is my first attempt at making my own recipe so I want to try it first. It is going to feature an American yeast with a very robust chocolate porter. I will use fresh raspberries in both the boil (last 5 min), and in secondary fermentation.

Remember to support your local microbrew,
In love,
Harpo

No comments:

Post a Comment